Lolotte Rental and Tours Ltd (LRT) is a local tour operator who joined forces with WHL.travel in order to reach more people interested in the nature sights of Mauritius and Rodrigues Island and to provide real eco tourism and related services to them.
The company understands that there is now a trend for tourists to lean towards wellness, culture and adventure. LRT aims to ensure visitors understand that the term “sustainable” does not only embrace nature, but also the cultural environment of tourism and the protection thereof.
A respect for nature and caring for the destination is the guiding principle of the company.
We want our travellers to truly experience the real Mauritius and will go out of our way to achieve that. We are only happy after we have made you experience Mauritius through all your senses!
Alongside educating tourists, LRT create a win/win situation by educating the native islanders about sustainability at the same time.
LRT have personally met and befriended the nature-conscious owners of numerous accommodation providers, among them some well known and selected guest houses that aim to foster eco, adventure and nature tourism.
Escale Vacances Hotel Caring for the destination
Escale Vacances is an eco-friendly guesthouse totally in harmony with its natural and peaceful surroundings.
- The garden is not treated with any chemical products and natural fertilisers are used.
- Food is cooked with ingredients from the garden.
- Escale has a water conservation policy and has implemented measures accordingly.
- Escale provides employment for people from the nearby villages.
- Staff inform tourists about the endemic species of the island, especially the rare Golden Fruit Bat.